Useful pages

03 December 2011

The archives: happy blob jacket





















The archives. The stuff I made back when I was still living at home in Mexico. With my mom's trusty old Singer machine, and her critical eye over my shoulder... I only wished I had listened more! She had learned at the knee of my great aunt Angeles, who had actually gone to dressmakers school. In my defense I was a teenager, deafness comes with the territory!

I made this jacket ca. 1987 and you can tell because it is rather shapeless. Huge 80's silhouette with dropped shoulders. I loved this fabric! Such a happy print over a cotton damask. Nice hand, but the red flowers have bled a bit in some places. Still, there is enough fabric here that I might try refashioning it into a summer top.

No comments:

Post a Comment